Cook rice and freeze in large batches to save time in future cooking!
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
1 1/2 lbs skirt steak
3 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
1/2 lb shiitake mushroom sliced
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tbsps sesame oil
2 tbsps truvia
1 ½cups wild rice
4 cloves cloves garlic (minced)
4 scallions (thinly sliced)
1-3 chili peppers (dried hot red)
2 carrots (grated)
1 teas garlic
1. Slice beef thinly across the grain into pieces about 3-inches long
2. Cook the rice in boiling water about 10-13 minutes or until tender; drain.
3. While rice is cooking, add scallions for flavor and cook mushrooms in oil in a small skillet until softened, then remove and drain.
4. Add the garlic, scallions and hot peppers to the skillet with the drained mushrooms and cook on high for about 1 minute or until pepper becomes aromatic, then add carrot and soy sauce (truvia to taste).
5. Saute steak and mushrooms with garlic.
6. Cook the meat for 2-3 minutes but try not to overcook (as this is usually served on the rare side).
7. Serve rice topped with beef mixture and toss together until mixed.