Sesame seeds add authentic flavor to the chicken; Peppers and onions add sweetness, finished off by a punch from the ginger. This stir-fry is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
2 tbsps whole grain flour
1 tbsp Chinese five spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tbsp truvia
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp peeled fresh ginger (grated)
½ red pepper, sliced
½ yellow pepper, sliced
½ onion, sliced
1 garlic clove (minced)
2 chicken breasts
2 tbsps sesame seeds
2 tsps sesame oil
1. Combine whole grain flour with Chinese five spice, truvia, and cinnamon.
2. Toast sesame seeds in a pan, heated with sesame oil.
3. Dip chicken in flour & spice mixture, coating each piece completely.
4. Sear chicken in pan with sesame seeds.
5. Grate ginger and add to pan with garlic.
6. Continue searing both sides, soaking in the juices.
7. Add onions, sweet peppers and soy sauce. Cook and sauté together.
8. When chicken is cooked, place on a plate, topping with the stir-fry vegetables. Serve immediately.
Tip from Binks: Make this one when you have a little extra time, as this stir-fry does not hold up well when pre-made!