Remember to remove skin from rotisserie chicken, it's full of saturated fat.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
salt to taste
2 zucchini, sliced
1 large onion, sliced into rings
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 skinless rotisserie chicken, shredded
½cup shredded colby cheese
2-3 tablespoons tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat bottom and sides of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until lightly browned. Mix in parsley and eggplant. Saute until eggplant is soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
3. Spread eggplant mixture evenly across bottom of prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of tomato sauce. Spread zucchini in an even layer over top.
4. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
5. Toast pita pocket and melt Colby cheese on one of the inside surfaces. Stuff with cold shredded chicken and Ratatouille (either hot or chilled). Fold and serve.