Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Half of small onion, sliced
Half red pepper julienned
1 tbsp macadamia nut oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp basil pesto
4 large eggs beaten
Shredded Fontina cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Drizzle macadamia nut oil into 12-inch frying pan over medium heat until hot.
3. Sauté onions and peppers until onions begin to turn translucent.
4. Add garlic and basil pesto. Cook briefly, and be careful not to burn the pesto.
5. Pour in eggs. As they cook down, pull up the sides of the eggs with spatula so the liquid flows underneath to evenly cook.
6. Top off eggs with some Fontina and Parmesan cheese.
7. Wrap handle of pan with foil. Transfer egg to oven, bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
8. Loosen sides and bottom of frittata with a spatula, and put on a plate. Cut into 4 or 6 wedges. Serve on a plate and enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner!