Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1/3 loaf rosemary (potato, bread cut into 1 inch chunks)
3/5 lb asparagus (fresh, woody ends snapped and cut into 1 inch pieces)
4 beaten eggs
11/6 cups almond milk
3/5 cup asiago cheese (shredded)
3/5 cup swiss cheese (shredded)
3/5 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
1/6 cup chives (fresh, finely chopped)
1/6 cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Spray bottom and sides of a 13" x 9" x 2" glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of the bread cubes in the bottom of the dish. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until just tender - about 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cheeses. Add chives and parsley and then gently mix.
- Place half of the asparagus on top of the bread cubes, then half of the cheese mixture.
- Then put half of the egg mixture on top.
- Repeat with remaining bread, asparagus, cheese mixture and egg mixture.
- Make sure the bread cubes are mostly submerged in the egg mixture. If not, press them down.
- For best results, let mixture rest for 15 minutes before cooking so the bread can absorb the egg.
- Place glass baking dish on a baking sheet into the preheated oven.
- 10. Bake 35-40 minutes, until browned and puffed.