Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup carrot (thinly sliced)
1/2 cup asparagus (sliced into 1 inch pieces)
4 slices turkey bacon (diced)
macadamia nut oil
1 onion (diced)
1. Steam or boil peas, carrots and asparagus until tender, drain well and set aside.
2. Cook bacon in an ovenproof skillet over low heat until crisp.
3. Remove with slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
4. Add macadamia nut oil to bacon grease (if necessary) to equal 2 tablespoons.
5. Increase heat to medium/low and add the onion.
6. Cook until transparent, stirring occasionally.
7. Add vegetable mixture to onions and cook for another 10 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, in another bowl, beat eggs and salt and pepper together.
9. Pour over mixture in skillet and add bacon crumbles. Stir gently.
10. Preheat broiler.
11. Reduce heat and cover eggs. Cook until almost set.
12. Remove lid and place under broiler until eggs are lightly browned (about 3 minutes).
13. Remove from oven and cut into wedges.