The Centers for Disease Control has some tips for preventing the spread of the flu virus.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. (Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If soap and water are not available, an alcohol-based hand rub may be used.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you are sick, stay home from work or school until your illness is over.