5 Areas Of Personal Safety:
- STRANGER SAFETY - Take time to talk to your children about strangers. Educate them that a stranger is anyone they don't know well - even people they recognize such as neighbors, family acquaintances, or the mailman. Teach your child that someone can be a stranger even if they look nice or know their name. Teach them they should never talk to strangers without a parent's permission or presence.
- HOME SAFETY - Explain the importance of keeping all the doors and windows locked when your children are home alone. Teach your child never to open the door for anyone, unless it is someone you told them to expect and let in. Have your child screen telephone calls by allowing the answering machine to pick up the call. Never have your child answer the phone.
- PERSONAL SAFETY - Never put your child's name on clothes, jewelry, hats, or belongings where people can see it. This prevents a stranger from being able to identify your child by name, giving the impression that they are a safe adult in which they can trust.
- INTERNET SAFETY - Have your home computer in a centralized an open location where you are able to monitor their use. Inform them never to give their last name, address, or phone number to a person on the internet, and that it is never safe to meet people from the internet in person without parent's supervision and consent.
- PRIDE SAFETY - Educate yourselves and your children about the benefits of character development training through the martial arts. Enroll your child at Pride Martial Arts Academy to teach them the necessary steps and techniques that can save their life! Call (716) 565-0202 to schedule your FREE safety lesson today!