Janet Snyder interviews Dr. Steven Lana, the Medical Director from the Buffalo Public Schools. Dr. Lana is a pediatrician and has been practicing at his Delaware Pediatrics for over 25 years. His role as the Medical Director for the Buffalo Public Schools includes creating and implementing health policies that will keep children healthy and safe.
'Twelve Ways to Health "
2) Update physical exam and family history
3) Practice good hygiene ( 20 second rule for hand washing )
4) Stay well hydrated
5) Well balanced meals and Vitamin D
6) Food safety ( 2 hour rule for perishable foods )
7) Home safety ( fire hazards and carbon monoxide detectors )
8) Outdoor safety ( dress appropriately, frost bite prevention )
9) Exercise daily ( 60 min for children, minimum 2.5 hrs a week for adults )
10) Manage stress ( don't over commit,but stay active and socially connected )
11) Get proper sleep