Preparation Time: 30 minutes
4, 6-ounce fish fillets
salt & pepper
2 large eggs
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup macadamia nut oil
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
Green Goddess Quinoa:
1 cup olive oil mayonnaise
1 cup chopped scallions
1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 teaspoons anchovy paste
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup low fat sour cream
2 chopped tomatoes
4 cups quinoa
- Combine ingredients, except fillets and flour in food processor and chop until consistency is fine.
- Salt and pepper the fish, to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix egg and water together to make an egg wash.
- Place flour in a shallow pan.
- Place the almondine breading in another shallow pan.
- Dredge each fish fillet through the flour, dusting off any excess, then dipping in egg wash and placing in breading, coating both sides of fish.
- Preheat saute pan using medium heat. Add the oil.
- Place fish in hot oil and cook on each side until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Cook your quinoa in boiling water for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and serve mixed thoroughly with green goddess dressing.