Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
1 1/3 tbsps macadamia nut oil
2/3 cup yellow onion (chopped)
2/3 tbsp minced garlic
5 1/3 ozs portabella mushrooms (sliced baby)
2/3 tsp salt
1/3 tsp black pepper (ground, divided)
4 large eggs
2/3 cup almond milk
1/3 cup low fat sour cream
5 1/3 ozs Neufchatel
6 slices sourdough bread
2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
2 cups ham, chopped
7 ozs arugula chopped
- Spray a 9"x11" dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil; add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, sour cream, and remaining salt & pepper. Mix in Neufchatel cheese.
- In the dish, layer half of the bread slices, 3/4 cup shredded cheese, half of the ham, half of the spinach, and half of the mushroom mixture. Slowly pour half of the egg mixture over this.
- Repeat layers with bread, 3/4 cup cheese, ham, spinach, mushroom mixture, and egg mixture.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Let warm to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover and bake for 45 minutes. Serve warm.