BUFFALO, NY - There are countless reward programs that will essentially "pay" you to shop. Today I want to expose the very best free retail incentive programs that bring the most bang for their buck.
After sorting through more than 50 different programs, signing up and using the incentives over the course of a year, here are my Top 5 programs. A huge thanks to Ways to Save confidants Julia, Ada and Johnny for weighing in. Want more deals and money saving advice? Follow @MattGranite on Twitter.
1. Kohl's Rewards
- Seasonal perks include $10 Kohl's Cash for every $50 spent.
- $5 Rewards for every 100 points spent.
- Get 100 free points just for enrolling. Additional savings year-round make this program truly worthwhile.
2. Starbucks Reward Program
- Free drinks add up quickly once you hit the "gold level."
-Benefits include: free refills, free drinks on your birthday, 15% off at Starbuckstore.com
-Now earn points on certain Starbucks products purchased from grocery stores.
3. Shop Your Way Rewards
- Earn 10 points for every dollar spent at Sears, Kmart, Kenmore, Craftsman, Lands' End, Lego, ProFlowers, Samsung, Canon and more.
- Member-only deals and additional discounts are a serious plus.
4. Blue Cash Everyday Card by Amex
- No annual fee, 3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% cash back at gas stations and at department stores.
- No rotating reward categories, no enrollment required, super-easy and one of the best free cash back reward credit cards I've tested.
5. Hotels.com Free Night "Welcome Rewards"
-Stay 10 nights at any 85,000 hotels worldwide and get one night free.
-No hotel exclusions and no time limit on how long it takes you to book.
-Hands down the best free loyalty program that doesn't restrict you to a certain hotel chain.