BERGEN, NY-Students in the Byron-Bergen School District got an early dismissal following a pair of gas leaks Thursday morning.
Building and grounds crews noticed the leaks at the elementary and the Jr./Sr. high school, both located on West Bergen Road.
The younger students were taken to the Bergen Fire Hall. The Jr./Sr. High students waited it out at the school track.
Automated calls were made to parents by the school district to tell them where they could pick up their children.
Crews from Rochester Gas & Electric are working on the problem.
All afternoon and evening activities are cancelled for the rest of the day.