More Evidence Testimony in Taglianetti Murder Trial

11:31 PM, Oct 30, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

MAYVILLE, NY - Sgt. Michael Williams, the evidence custodian for the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office, took the stand Wednesday to testify about evidence in the murder trial of Anthony R. Taglianetti. 

Taglianetti is accused of murdering Clymer Schools Superintendent Keith Reed last year over an alleged affair with Taglianetti's estranged wife Mary.

Sgt. Williams testified text messages were recovered from Taglianetti's from to and from his wife Mary.

Data shows he and Mary Taglianetti texted back and forth on 9/20/12 to 9/25/12. 

First one Mary wrote she wanted Anthony to "come to bed, xoxo"

Another from Mary said "please come back I'm so confused, what is going on?"

On 9/21 Mary wrote: "if you are going to see Keith you have lost my respect."

Another text from Mary said: "please know I have nothing to do with that email, I love you."

A response from Anthony said that: "I'm going out for a trip out west" and should be back next week to take his son to a museum.

Another response from Anthony said "I just need time to think and stay stable."

On 9/26/12, the same day Mary Taglianetti contacted the Chautauqua County Sheriff's about Anthony, Mary wrote Anthony in a text message "I promise to be a better wife, lets renew vows this weekend."

Anthony nicknamed Mary "My Bunny" on his phone. 

Prosecution also called Christopher Page to the stand.  Page is a deputy sheriff with the Niagara County Sheriff's Office. Page is a forensic examiner and analyzed Taglianetti's laptop.

Page testified after analyzing the laptop's hard drive, he found that on 9/28/12, Taglianetti visited ""

From an email confirmation that Page obtained from Taglianetti's email account, the email shows Taglianetti booked a flight for 10/12/12 through Austrian Airlines from Washington Dulles to Tel Aviv, with a connecting flight in Vienna.  No returning flight was booked, according to Page.   Total amount for the flight was $910

During the afternoon testimony, a U.S. Postal Service worker named James Hickey said he signed a passport application for Anthony Taglianetti on Sept. 24, 2012, the Monday following the death of Keith Reed. Hickey, who worked at a post office about 20 miles from Taglianetti's hometown, testified that Taglianetti wrote on his application that he'd lost his previous passport and "couldn't find it when my current travel plans came up." Hickey said the application had planned a 14-day trip to Israel, starting on Oct. 12, 2012.

Chautauqua County investigator Randy Bolland was the final witness to testify on Wednesday. He said his department sent him to Virginia to transport Taglianetti back to Western New York. Prosecutors asked him if he had any vocal interactions with Taglianetti, and he testified that Taglianetti had demonstrated knowledge that the trip from Virginia to New York would take roughly seven to eight hours.

On Tuesday, jurors heard from four witnesses, including Reed's brother-in-law. They also had their first look at the gun that was allegedly used to kill Reed.




Most Watched Videos