Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 12ounces 90%-lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper and onion
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoons balsamic fig reduction, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 bunches or 2 4-ounce bags arugula, trimmed
1. Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat the broiler. Coat a broiler pan and rack with cooking spray.
2. Gently mix beef, bell pepper, scallions, breadcrumbs, 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce and ginger in a medium bowl until just combined. Form the mixture into 4 oblong patties and place on the broiler-pan rack. Brush the tops of the patties with 1 teaspoon oil.
3. Broil, flipping once, until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add watercress and cook, stirring often, until just wilted, 1 to 3 minutes.
5. Divide the arugula among 4 plates.
6. Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add rice wine (or sherry) and the remaining 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce and stir until smooth, bubbling and slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Top the watercress with the Salisbury steaks and drizzle with the pan sauce.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.