Cook Time: 30 minutes
• 1/3 cup bulgur what
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 cups sliced onions, (4 medium)
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• 12 ounces lean ground beef
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
1. Combine bulgur with 1/2 cup warm water in a small pot and boil until tender
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add onions and sugar; sauté until the onions are very tender and golden, about 15 minutes.
3. Stir in 1/4 cup water and vinegar.
4. Season with salt and keep warm.
5. Preheat grill or broiler.
6. Combine the plumped bulgur, beef, tomato paste, parsley, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly but lightly. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties. Grill or broil on a lightly oiled rack until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Place the patties on buns, top with the caramelized onions and garnish with lettuce.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.