Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces ground beef, 90%-lean or leaner
- 8 ounces ground lamb
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-tablespoon ground cumin, plus more for serving
- 1/2-teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place beef, lamb and lemon juice in a large bowl. Gently combine until incorporated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Transfer the meat to a colander and press to squeeze out excess moisture.
- Chop onion, garlic and olives.
- Add to the marinated meat along with oil, cilantro, parsley, 1-tablespoon cumin, salt and pepper. Gently combine until evenly incorporated.
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on it.
- Using about 3 tablespoons of the meat mixture for each, form 12 thin patties, about 2 1/2 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick. Place on the wire rack.
- Broil the patties until brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with additional cumin and harissa, if desired.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.