Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1-teaspoon canola oil
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 medium tomatoes, chopped (8 cups)
- 1-tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2-teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, undrained
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Franks Hot sauce, to taste
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef, onion and garlic and sauté until ground beef is just brown and the onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Drain fat. Add tomatoes, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, and chiles. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Taste and add salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.