Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb tuna steak (preferably sushi grade)
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season both sides of the tuna with salt and pepper.
- Add the tuna to the skillet and cook for three minutes per side, until almost cooked through remove and set aside. (The fish will be pink in the center, so cook it longer if you want it well done).
- Dice the roasted red peppers, chicken broth, vinegar, ginger and garlic add to tuna pan and cook for 3-6 min.
- Add tuna back to pan to re-warm if necessary.
- Spoon the sauce over the tuna just before serving
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO WWW.CHEFBINKS.COM.