Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained and sliced lengthwise or 4 fresh seeded and diced
- 4 slices Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 whole grain sandwich rolls, split
- Pound chicken to flatten; place in a large re-sealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, hoysin and oil; mix well. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Pour the remaining marinade over chicken
- Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade; grill 3 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Top each with a green chili and cheese slice; cover and grill for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.