Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 pounds pacific halibut, or other firm-fleshed fish ,cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 8-ounce can sliced pickled beets, drained and diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a small bowl and toss with 1 teaspoons oil.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in lemon juice and bring to a boil, stirring gently; remove from the heat. Stir in capers.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and place in the prepared baking dish. Pour the pan sauce over the fish and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake the fish until it is opaque in the center, 15 to 18 minutes. Serve each portion topped with about 3 slices pickled beets.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.