Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 16- to 18-ounce tube polenta, cut into 8 rounds
- 1 thin slice prosciutto (about 1/2 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp (21-25 per pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat broiler. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place polenta rounds and prosciutto on the baking sheet. Broil on the center rack until the prosciutto is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the prosciutto to a plate. Continue broiling the polenta, turning once, until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and cornstarch in a small bowl. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp just turn pink but aren't cooked through, about 2 minutes. Pour in clam juice (or broth), bring to a boil and cook until the liquid is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes more.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture again and add to the pan along with sage and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Top the polenta with the shrimp and sauce, crumble the prosciutto over the top and serve immediately.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.