Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1-1 1/4 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces chopped
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- Place pecans, breadcrumbs, orange zest, salt and ground chipotle in a food processor and pulse until the pecans are finely ground. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish. Whisk egg white and water in a shallow dish until combined. Dip each chicken breast in the egg-white mixture, then dredge both sides in the pecan mixture.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half the chicken and cook until browned on the outside and no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Carefully wipe out the pan with a paper towel and add the remaining oil.
- Cook the remaining chicken, adjusting the heat as needed to prevent scorching.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.