Cook Time: 1 Hour
- 1 pound sliced turkey bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked low sodium ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 slices whole grain bread, cubed
- 1 cup cubed cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs (or white substitute)
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; add ham and onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender; drain.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, potatoes and cheese. Top with all of the bacon mixture. Repeat layers of bread, potatoes and cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over all. Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 65-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.