Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/8 cup crasins (dried cranberries)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 broth to a boil. Remove from the heat; add craisins and set aside (do not drain). In a large saucepan, bring broth and tablespoon of olive oil to a boil. Add wild rice and brown rice; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the rice is tender (drain if necessary).
- In a skillet, sauté the cashews in remaining olive oil until lightly browned.
- In a serving bowl, combine the wild rice, brown rice, craisin mixture, almonds, parsley, salt and pepper.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.