Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1/2 cup pearled barley
- 2 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (8 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook barley in gently boiling water or broth in medium saucepan with cover until tender and water has been absorbed (about 45 minutes). Let cool or rinsed with cold water and drain well.
- In large serving bowl, combine cooked barley, garbanzo beans, nuts, carrots, and parsley.
- In small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper with whisk. Drizzle over barley mixture and toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.