Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water; drain and pat dry. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, sauté onion in oil until tender. Add parsley and asparagus; toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the asparagus mixture; cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Place uncovered skillet in the broiler, 6 in. from the heat, for 2 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cut into quarters. Serve immediately.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.