Chicken Cordon Bleu
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup coarse whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped ham
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt. Combine cheese and cream cheese in a bowl. Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper with breadcrumbs, parsley and 2 teaspoons oil in another bowl.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large, ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Move the chicken to the center so all pieces are touching. Spread with the cheese mixture, sprinkle with ham, and then top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, 5 to 7 minutes.
For More Information Log Onto: