Pasta Salad with Roasted Broccoli
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 pounds (2 heads) broccoli
- 1 T minced Garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips (1 Cup)
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Trim 1 inch from stems of broccoli. Cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Separate florets into bite-size pieces. On one large or two small rimmed baking sheets, toss broccoli, garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer; roast, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl; whisk in lemon juice and remaining tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over pasta; toss in broccoli, red peppers, olives, Serve at room temperature or chilled.
For more healthy recipes visit