Preparation Time: 35 minutes
2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 1/2 cups roasted red peppers, chopped rinsed and patted dry
1 cup fresh basil
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup raw shelled pistachios, toasted
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
10 to 12 ounces beef sirloin steak
2 teaspoons macadamia nut oil
4 oz. feta cheese
4 tablespoons low fat sour cream
10-15 arugula leaves
1 loaf whole wheat French Baguette bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices, toasted. Use a whole wheat pita if you have to.
For your pesto, you'll only need to add your ingredients to food processor and pulse about 20 times.
1. Season both sides of sirloin steak with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; place the steak in the skillet and cook until medium-rare, turning steak once. Saute arugula in oil with garlic
3. Remove steak from skillet; cover with foil and allow steak to rest.
4. Place feta cheese and sour cream in a food processor; process until smooth.
5. Slice steak very thinly, cutting against the grain.
6. Spray bread with cooking spray and toast on stove.
7. Spread cheese mixture evenly over bread slices. Top each slice with pesto, arugula leaves, roasted red pepper, and one to two slices of steak. Serve immediately.