Make multiple servings of this strata and freeze it to save time during the week!
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
4 slices whole grain bread, toasted and cubed
1 1/3 large tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
2/3 green onion, thin sliced
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup almond milk
1 1/3 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
2/3 teaspoon basil
2/3 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Combine bread, onion, and mozzarella cheese in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Spray a ten inch baking dish with non-stick spray and spoon bread mixture into dish.
4. Mix eggs, almond milk, macadamia nut oil, basil, garlic salt, and pepper to taste, and pour over bread mixture in the baking dish, spreading evenly.
5. Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes, add tomato to the top and bake another 20 minutes or until set completely. Insert a knife into the middle of the dish to see if it's finished. When your knife comes out clean, its time to take your strata out of the oven and serve warm.