Cauliflower is a great vegetable to incorporate into your diet. Here's a way to modify the flavors of it, pairing really well with warm, roasted turkey!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
½ head cauliflower chopped
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to your taste)
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1-2 lb cooked turkey breast, sliced
1. Preheat the oven up to 450. Cut cauliflower into bite-size florets.
2. In a mixing bowl, add cauliflower, turmeric, curry powder, Cajun seasoning, and smoked paprika. Pour in 2 tbsp of water to help marry the flavors. With a spoon, mix everything together. Let sit for a few minutes.
3. Slice turkey breast into thin pieces. Layer in a baking dish (sprayed with olive oil cooking spray).
4. Lay the cauliflower pieces on top of the turkey. Then repeat, layering more slices of turkey with cauliflower on top.
5. Cover with foil and cook in the oven--about 25 minutes.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
Tip from Binks: Every day is an adventure with your new lifestyle and diet. Be creative and incorporate leftover-you can use chicken instead of turkey, if that's what's in your fridge!