Preparation Time: 30 minutes
2 cup whole wheat flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 ½ cups almond milk
1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
5-6 dried apricots, chopped
1-3/4 pounds boneless pork loin roast
1 tablespoon truvia
2-3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and carefully stir in egg and milk using a whisk. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Lightly spray a medium-sized frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Pour in just enough batter to cover the base. Cook until batter sets, about 1-2 minutes. You will see bubbles form on top. Using a spatula, carefully flip pancake and cook other side, about 20 seconds. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat to make 4-6 pancakes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta along the middle of each pancake. Sprinkle with some of the dried apricots. Roll up gently and repeat with other pancakes.
- Rinse meat well and pat dry. Place in a glass dish large enough to hold it. In a separate small bowl, combine the sugar, salt, cumin and cardamom. Mix well and rub liberally over the entire roast. Cover and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for indirect heat and lightly oil grate.
- Remove roast from the refrigerator and discard any juices in the dish. Rinse meat well and pat dry.
- Grill over indirect low heat for about 1 hour, or until internal pork temperature reaches 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Cut into slices and shred as filling with ricotta cheese for pancake sandwiches.