Preparation Time: 45 minutes
6 medium green bell peppers
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups cooked cubed chicken
1 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped pimiento, drained
1 cup olive oil mayonnaise
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut tops off peppers; remove seeds and membranes.
- Cook peppers in simmering water to cover for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain.
- Combine cooked rice, chicken, celery, onion, and pimiento in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Gently toss mayonnaise mixture with rice and chicken mixture.
- Fill peppers; place in a greased shallow baking dish and pour a small amount of water in the baking dish, enough to cover the bottom.
- Bake chicken stuffed peppers at 350° for 30 minutes, or until stuffed peppers are tender.