Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1/3 lb asparagus (trimmed)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 red onion (cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices and separated into rings)
4, 6" whole wheat tortillas
1 cup pepper jack cheese (coarsely shredded)
1 cup coriander (finely chopped fresh)
1/6 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/3 tsp ground cumin
1/3 tsp fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 500°F
- In a large shallow baking pan, toss asparagus with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and salt and pepper to taste until coated well. In another large shallow baking pan, toss onion with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil until coated well, then add eggs and scramble. Roast vegetables in upper and lower thirds of oven, shaking pans occasionally and switching position of pans in oven halfway through baking, until tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool vegetables and cut asparagus into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Preheat broiler.
- Grease a large baking sheet. On sheet, arrange 4 tortillas in one layer and divide vegetables & egg, pepper Jack, and coriander among them. Cover quesadillas with remaining 4 tortillas.
- Brush top tortillas with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and broil quesadillas about 3 inches from heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. With a metal spatula, turn quesadillas over and broil until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Make cumin lime cream while quesadillas broil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together well cream ingredients.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with cumin lime cream.