Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon truvia
1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potatoes
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup almond milk
- In a heavy saucepot, over medium-low heat, cook the flour and butter, stirring constantly until roux achieves a light caramel color.
- Add the broth and brown sugar, bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and spices, bring to a simmer again, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- In a blender, puree the soup in batches and return to saucepot. Add the milk, and reheat soup.
- Season with salt and pepper, ladle into warm soup bowls and serve.