NOTE: This recipe uses either fresh or dried basil. Remember that 1 teaspoon of dried basil is equal to about 1 tablespoon of fresh.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
1lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 cup snow peas
1 red bell pepper (cut into thin slices)
6 oyster mushrooms cut into thick slices
1 tomato (cut into chunks)
4 large garlic cloves (minced)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
salt & pepper
1 ½ cups wild rice
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Place all ingredients for Shrimp Primavera into a bowl. Combine well and let marinade for approximately 30 minutes. Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place shrimp mixture in a stir-fry grill pan or wok over high heat. Stir-fry just until shrimp turns pink. Keep warm until use.
- Cook rice until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Saute the garlic in olive oil just until softened. Pour over rice; add salt and pepper to taste. Stir the shrimp mixture into the pasta.
- Serve immediately, using remaining Parmesan cheese to top.