Buffalo, N.Y. Each morning our This is Daybreak feature highlights some of the news you need to get your day going. This is Daybreak for August 13th, 2013:
- President Obama will be in WNY next week to discuss the economy on a broader economic tour of NY and PA.
- Elon Musk - Pay Pal founder, Space X founder, Tesla Motors Founder and real life Tony Stark - unveiled his plan for space age transportation here on earth, and they want to put it in California.
- The Buffalo School Board has approved a transfer plan for students by a 6-3 vote. Board members Tiggs, Sampson and Paladino voted against the plan.
- South Boston crime boss James "Whitey" Bulger was found guilty of racketeering, conspiracy, extortion and 11 murders. The 83yr gangster faces a life sentence plus 30 years.
- A man fell approximately 65 feet from a stairwell at Turner Field Monday night to a concrete walkway leading to the Braves' players parking lot and died.