Buffalo, N.Y. - While it's only Tuesday there's still plenty of valuable news to take with you to work and school. This is Daybreak for August 27th:
- President Obama is meeting with his national security team and reaching out to allies to garner support for a US-led response against Syria for its use of chemical weapons on its own citizens.
- The California rim fire is now threatening power and water supplies used by the city of San Francisco. California Gov. Jerry Brown has pledged full use state resources to protect the supplies and fight the blaze
- Is it Tuel Time for the Buffalo Bills? The undrafted free agent could be the first quarterback in NFL history to start for a team on opening day. Can the Buffalo Bills survive with their injury ridden roster?
- A US Marine, stationed in California for nearly a year, surprised his little sister while she was at school in Knoxville, TN. on his way to a deployment.
- Investigators are still looking into the cause of an apartment complex fire in Hamburg yesterday that uprooted several residents.
- Serena Williams is having a successful U.S. open thus far, but will it last?