Buffalo, N.Y. - It's safe to say we're over the shock and awe of music award shows, so let's catch up on today's top local and national news. This Is Daybreak for August 28th:
- The race for #BuffaloMayor is on and at times was heated during the WGRZ/Buffalo News/WNED mayoral debate Tuesday night. Did Bernie Tolbert create a vision of a 'Bernie Buffalo' that will entice voters to turn out for the Democratic primary? Was Sergio's statistics on a stagnant 'Brown Buffalo' enough to create momentum for the young candidate? Is Mayor Brown's record speaking for itself and does he just need to sit back for the next few weeks? Watch the debate and decide for yourself.
- 50 years ago today Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. led thousands on a march to Washington to layout his dream of a United States that was equal for all man, woman and child. Has his dream come true?
- Hundreds of Dolphins are washing up on the shores of the Atlantic coast and are dying from a disease equivalent to the measles in humans.
- The US Hockey team unveiled new uniforms as they prepare for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- Speaking of Olympics, a group of dedicated residents in Washington D.C. are making a push to bring the 2024 Summer games to the capital city. Would a D.C. games be the penultimate Olympic experience or, like many things in Washington, a disaster?
Be sure to follow @WGRZ on Twitter and share your thoughts on today's top local and national news.