Buffalo, N.Y. - It's Friday, your mind is a mess and you simply want to get through the day. Here's a few top new stories to get you through the end of the day and into the holiday weekend. This is Daybreak for August 30th:
- David Cameron faced overwhelming opposition in parliament to proceed with British military involvement in Syria. Germany has also declared its intention to not get involved in any United States led coalition.
- The Rim fire that continues to threaten Yosemite National Park is only 30% contained and analysts suggest that even when the fire is fully contained it could burn for months into the winter.
- The California National Guard is contributing to the firefighting efforts of the Rim fire by providing Predator drone surveillance of the fire to assist with forces on the ground.
- The Bills played a preseason game last night. They lost.
- Pinnacle Charter School is no longer a charter school after being absorbed by the Buffalo Public School District yesterday. This annexation of the former charter prevents the state from shutting the school down due to poor performance.
Stay up to date on all the important local and national news this weekend by following @WGRZ on twitter.