Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Trim outer layer of fennel bulbs; cut stalks from tops. Roughly chop enough green fronds for about 2 tablespoons; set aside. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice bulbs crosswise as thinly as possible. Discard tough core. Place sliced fennel bulbs and reserved chopped fronds in a salad bowl; add almonds.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, and salt, and season with pepper. Pour dressing over fennel mixture; toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.