4:01 PM, Sep 4, 2012
- Bradford defeated Olean 20-7 in the 115th meeting of the two schools. Bradford hold a 65-43-7 series lead.
- In 2011, Oliver Simpson, Maple Grove RB, rushed for 882 yards, scored 7 TDs, and averaged 9.1 yards per carry. The first game this season, he rushed for 213 yards and scored 2 TDs in the Red Dragons' win over Silver Creek.
- Qadree Ollison, Canisius' Jr. RB, rushed for 152 yards, scored 1 TD and averaged 15.2 yards per carry in the Crusaders' win over McQuaid.
- Jake Sisson has taken over the QB position for Jamestown, as Dennis Drew (last year's QB ) left the team for personal reason. In his first start, the Junior threw for 150 yards and one TD to lead the Red Raiders' win over Kenmore West.
- Home teams won 27 of the 42 games played in week 1.
- Dillon Jenca, Orchard Park's Freshman QB, completed 13 of 14 passes for 225 yards and 5 TDs to lead the Quakers to a 48-0 win over the Jamestown Freshman.
- The best crowd of week one was Timon/St. Jude at Williamsville South contest, which the Tigers won 21-24. This should demonstrate the desire of high school football fans to have more games between Section VI teams with the Msgr. Martin Association.
- The top JV performer in week one was Sam Castranova. The Williamsville South Sophomore QB passed for 268 yards and scored 2 TDs in the Billies' victory over Timon/St. Jude.
- Top Cheerleaders: Williamsville South
- Upset of the Week: Clarence over West Genesee
- Best Comeback of the Week: Iroquois over Hutch-Tech
- Best Rushing Team: West Seneca West
- Best Fans: Southwestern