Dick Gallagher's Extra Points
5:28 PM, Sep 10, 2012
- Orchard Park won its 15th consecutive game in a dominating performance beating Clarence 49-14.
- The Quakers will be ranked number one in Class AA in the state when the poll is released this week.
- Westfield/Brocton pulled the upset of the season by handing Southwestern its first defeat at home in six years by shutting out the Trojans 27-0.
- Top Teams:
- Class AA South - Orchard Park
- Class AA North - Lockport
- Class A South - West Seneca East
- Class A North - Sweet Home
- Class B South - Pioneer
- Class B East - Alden
- Class B West - Cheektowaga
- Class C North - Cleveland Hill
- Class C South - Salamanca
- Class D - Maple Grove
- Class DD - Sherman/Ripley
- Msgr. Martin - St. Joe's
- Best Hairpiece: Steve Ferrentino, Orchard Park
- Freshman Player of the Week: Dillon Janca, Orchard Park, threw 4 TD passes in the Quakers' 47-0 rout of St. Joe's
- St. Francis Freshmen defeated Lancaster 50-7 and Clarence 40-7. The Red Raiders play undefeated Orchard Park Thursday at 4:30 PM at St. Francis. The Quakers are coached by the legendary Ferrentino brothers, Bob and Porky.
- Trent Ferguson, Williamsville South's QB, rebounded from a poor performance against Timon/St. Jude with an exceptional outing againt Hamburg. The Senior rushed for 2 touchdowns and 104 yards and passed for 200 yards and 3 touchdowns to lead the Billies to a win over the Bulldogs.
- Best Comeback: Dunkirk over Olean
- West Seneca West's success early in the season is a tribute to Joe Cantafio. His coaching stadd and the 22 Seniors' perseverance after struggling the past few years.
- Cameron Smith of Lackawanna, is not eligible to play this week against Cheektowaga.
- Touchdown Pass Leader: 6, Justin Twarog, Amherst