Commentary by Dick Gallagher
7:01 PM, Oct 7, 2012
- Don't post innapropriate content to your Twitter or Facebook page.
- Too many local athletes are posting/Tweeting some bad stuff and what they don't understand is hundreds, including members of the media and college recruiters, are viewing what you post and it could cost you big time.
- Consider the following illustration: A high school football player has already committed to his favorite college after being expelled from school for his tweets, the college pulled his scholarship offer and stopped recruiting him.
- Remember you are always being watched and people know everything you do.
- There are no secrets today, particularly in the social media.
- Think, pause, and consider the consequences of anything you post or tweet.