Preparation Time: 1 hour
1/3 lb asparagus (fresh, trimmed and cut into 12 inch pieces)
4 slices turkey bacon
4, 8" whole grain wrap
2 egg whites
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp ground nutmeg
salt & pepper
2/3 cup swiss cheese (shredded)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place asparagus in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and cool.
2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
3. Add wrap shell to oven safe soup bowel Sprinkle crumbled bacon, sun-dried tomato and chopped asparagus into pie shells.
4. In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over bacon and asparagus layer. Pour egg mixture on top of cheese.
5. Bake uncovered in preheated oven until firm, about 20 to 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving.