Buffalo, N.Y. - It's possible you stayed up too late watching a video music awards show on a station that doesn't play music. It may also be possible that you spent your Sunday trying to salvage your fantasy team after the multiple injuries on the Buffalo Bills. Now is the chance to catch up on the news you missed - This is Daybreak for August 26th:
- 50 years ago this week, a dream was proclaimed in Washington D.C.
- The Rim Fire continues to threaten Yosemite National Park and, while incrementally slowing down, is growing into one of the most devastating wildfires in California history
- A chaotic shooting in Lackawanna over the weekend has left residents looking for answers and a police department not eager to share them.
- Eight days before school starts, a prominent charter school is being shut down by the state and now students and parents are left wondering what's next?
- The situation in Syria continues to spiral out of control as the nations of the world demand answers on the alleged chemical weapons attack.
Stay connected to @WGRZ on twitter for the latest news throughout the day.